Thursday, September 09, 2010

Three schools in a day

I took the boys with me to my Bible-in-School class today...they helped me by being Onesimus and Philemon, each reading a small section to the class. The Waimataitai kids kept staring at Caleb and Aaron throughout the lesson and I had a hard time keeping their attention! During the workbook part of the lesson Aaron wandered around looking at books while Caleb assisted a couple of the boys with filling in missing letters. Caleb is a natural instructor; although only a year older than the average class age he had no problem taking charge. Back home then for the rest of our school day. We have been planting and studying beans and corn now, with some left-over radishes happily growing in a pot in the kitchen. Played around with the macro a bit in the early afternoon - Nick uncovered some woodlouse and bugs for me - and then we had the second week of clubs at the Christian school. Caleb has joined in with this club now. I instructed them in 'taking a photo of something'... adding foreground interest or a subject to an otherwise-empty landscape setting. We took a walk down the road but it was soooooo cold and I was glad to get back indoors. The kids don't seem to mind the cold as much. After photography and guitar, the boys joined Matt in the hall for badminton. Caleb seemed to improve somewhat from the beginning to the end of the hour, while Aaron gives us great hope that he can only get better from here...it was his first time, after all.

1 comment:

Hazel Beckett said...

I love your photos. Very professional. I just 'point and shoot' and hope for the best....