Thursday, September 16, 2010

School, homeschool, deliveries, shopping, school...rest!

When I started doing Bible-in-Schools earlier this year, I thought I was doing it to be a blessing. I had no idea what a blessing it would be for me...but isn't ministry so often like that?! I just love my class of bright, shiny faces and their eager questions. The curriculum does not dance around the outskirts of the gospel - it takes the kids right into the heart of the matter, that salvation is found in Christ alone and that we can enter into a 'friendship' with God through Jesus. And all this while still being careful not to be offensive in case the whole program is thrown out of the school. We must be wise as serpents and gentle as doves!
At 11.30 Bronwyn and I had our second attempt at Meals on Wheels and this time all the little containers were waiting for us (last week there was some sort of muddle-up and we were not needed). Did the 11 stops in about 45 minutes with Bronwyn driving and me hopping in and out. Just had time to do the grocery shopping before the next engagement of the day: our clubs at the school. Nick and Aaron did guitar; Caleb and I did photography. I discussed the use of light, one of the most obvious and basic principles (and also probably the broadest category) in photography (the very word means 'to depict with light')...encouraging my students to look at things from different angles and at different times of the day when the quality and colour of light changes.

No comments: