Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Clean, dry, ironed washing!

By 7 am the skies were already clearing and I knew we were in for a stunning day. There was a bit of early fog but it added to the beauty...I couldn't resist traipsing through the wet grass to the bottom of the garden. These spring blossoms looked all snowy and wintery! Got loads of stuff done in the day - washing, ironing, cupboard sorting, baking, cleaning...the warm day was definitely conducive for spring cleaning. By 5 pm a southerly had blown in but brought with it some amazing clouds. Nick went with Rene to Oamaru and the boys and I took a quick trip to the northern wetlands. The boys complained bitterly - I can't blame them, it was really super windy and freezing cold (well, Aaron tried to be cheerful about the whole thing). Caleb got splooshed by a wave and his boots filled with water. Thus it was that our stay was cut short - I need to get the boys interested in landscape photography so they can brave the elements with me...

1 comment:

Hazel Beckett said...

Your photography 'talks' to me. I can almost feel the wind and the weather and smell the smells.