Thursday, March 10, 2011

Super, man!

I'm happy to report that after four days I still/already/totally love my job :) :) Rachel is just such a Fabulous Person and an outstanding boss...yellow flowers on Monday, a key on Tuesday, pink stationery on Wednesday, and permission to hold the reflector at a shoot on Thursday...{sigh}...what more could a girl want? The work itself is still a bit muddly and I think I get less and less done each day as the to-do list keeps growing! No panic though, we knew from the start that things might be a bit confusing and random until I know what's going on and how best to get it done - that's the privilege of shaping a brand new position. And sometimes I get to be the "sit on the chair while I test the light" person too!
In the mornings and afternoons around my working hours I've been at home, mostly...although not so much today as I have started attending the Thursday morning prayer meeting at the school, and this afternoon I had a dentist appointment. I've not been to the dentist in our year here; taking nightly painkillers to dull the various aches in my teeth was a sure sign that it's time! 45 minutes in the chair gave me clean teeth, cute little x-rays and an obscenely huge hole in our savings account. Unfortunately there are many more appointments to come as I need some work done...boo hoo! BUT...I am thankful that we have the means to afford what will no doubt become a weekly visit over the next month or two. Got a dress sewn today as well - I bought the fabric in Wellington in January and have only gotten to it now! Super pleased with the finished product (Candice, hope yours has turned out too?!).Caleb was awarded a certificate in chapel today for "putting so much effort into your work". Yay, well done! His teacher was very pleased that he had slowed down and tried harder instead of rushing to get finished.And as usual, after tea the boys were on the tramp again! Not so many of these long evenings left though - already the sun is setting around 8.30 pm and it won't be long until daylight savings switches off. At least then the sun won't only be rising around 7.15 am as it does now!

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Congrats to Caleb!!!

The "flying" shot of Aaron is just hysterical!