Thursday, March 03, 2011

Illuminated!

So Tuesday has come and gone and if you've been paying attention you'll know that I was set to start my new ultra-super job on that day. I didn't start though as the signing of the contract is still pending! No worries, this week I'm at home getting my head around cleaning, baking, polymer clay, graphic design, dentist and doctors appointments with the boys (Caleb needed his asthma reassessed and some new ventilators), paper crafts, and ironing! I finished the lamp shade which Danielle and I started a few weeks ago - the outer shade is a handmade paper which I found at a stunning gift shop in town (discovered during a lunch break last week), and the structure itself is made from four bamboo skewer sticks held together with bits of twine and glue. It's simple and even a little fragile but for now, it works.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

It is so beautiful - sort of Asian inspired! I forget, did you find a pattern, or did you just make it up?