Thursday, March 17, 2011

Not really gardening shoes

I don't normally post pics of acquisitions, but these cute shoes begged for a photo! I phoned Nick beforehand to ask if I could buy them...he gave his blessing, so these are guilt-free shoes :) I have most certainly borrowed inspiration (can you borrow it - do you return it? rather, taken inspiration) from Rachel's beautiful work in the composition of this shot - being surrounded by her mind-blowing photos rubs off in a very good way! After tea Nick and the boys headed off into the weed-patch where we also have potatoes and tomatoes growing and corn about to die off. It was time for harvesting. I couldn't believe the crop of potatoes that came out!! The biggest was around the 15cm mark but the rest are just a good usable size, and there are many. We've left them covered in dirt so they should last for ages!

2 comments:

Helen Williams said...

In crafting circles (papercrafting)we have a saying "CASE" Copy and Share Everything. So I'm sure you can use it with Photograghy as well.
Love the shoes.
Wonderfull harvest.
Paul harvested our corn today also, and it was yummy we had it for tea.

Genevieve said...

No they are NOT gardening shoes, but they are the cutest "when you are finished gardening, go out to dinner" shoes I have seen in quite some time! And I am sure you make them look even better ;-)
(And here...we are just getting ready to plant.)