Monday, March 07, 2011

Here's to the beginning...

First day of work, first day of work!! So excited this morning - I don't normally look forward to starting a new job - first days are a blur of faces and a muddle of written instructions as the hapless newcomer tries to follow along. Today was different though and I knew it would be great - and it was!! I nearly ran late for my 11.30 start and ended up running through Noel Leeming, down Stafford Street and up the two or three flights of stairs to the offices of Callander Girl Photography, where I have been installed as the Creative Administration Manager (I've never had an administration title - admin people are generally viewed as nondescript and unnoticed: "desk"; "chair"; "admin person"; "printer"). My job is to creatively manage the administration side of things - ie make the business stuff pretty and get it done! Between laughing and chatting we didn't get much work done but it sure was fun. Photos to follow some time...er...how does one take photos of a pro photographer?
Now this photo was requested as a 'first day of school' gag - so here's my little outfit, Liefling!"And this is an isosceles triangle", said Caleb through bent lips. Oh the things they learn in school!

2 comments:

Hazel Beckett said...

It sounds like a job that was made for you by our Father! I am amazed. I am sure you will thrive, and be an asset to the company.

Genevieve said...

Hurrah! I am so excited for you!