Friday, March 03, 2006

Two conversions

Two names have been added to the Book of Life today!!! Praise the Lord. I shared the gospel with two girls after the club today, they were just hanging around and I was trying to get rid of them because I needed to get home to feed the boys and so on, but eventually we got chatting about death, and I said they might die today and not when they’re 60 years old as they said, and then I asked them the EE3 question, if you were to die today and Jesus asked you why he should let you into heaven, what should you say? And that was my starting point. I asked if they wanted to hear the gospel, and they did, so I shared it very simply. Then one girl asked how to become a Christian, so I explained all the steps (acknowledge you’re a sinner, believe in God and Jesus his Son, accept Jesus’ death for your sins and his gift of life), so then she wanted to know BUT HOW – so I prayed with them both. They were both very excited, and as soon as Nick came back after dropping off people, they told him too. I am so excited. We will have to wait to see if this has been a real conversion experience though by the fruit of it, but I have encouraged them to come to the Good News Club on Saturdays, and to church, and to read their bibles and pray.

Other than that, today was hectic as usual. We had 49 kids today! The craft today, which was pompoms for the two older groups, was a bit of a disaster because some of them just couldn’t do it, and their wool tangled, and they ran out of time, but some others managed fine. The youngest group, which I have in the middle section of the day, did seed mosaics which was great, just finished quite quickly, but then we played hiding sheep. Nick’s activities were mostly water based as that is what the kids enjoy the most – water balloons, or throwing water soaked sponges at one another, that sort of thing. His t-shirt was completely mud-spattered by the end of the day, so is in the wash now. I believe Caleb contributed a great splat to the back of it.

I went to the shops this afternoon to buy final supplies for tomorrow. They don’t have any fresh produce yet, or any of the frozen stuff. Apparently the frozen stuff is only getting offloaded tomorrow, probably the fresh things too. What a bother! Had to also go to the docks to collect more rocks, and the sea was coming up quite high, so Caleb and I had to watch the waves and be sure we didn’t get in the way. I did feel the water as it was receding though, and I think it’s the first time that I’ve actually felt the Atlantic Ocean. It was warm. I was tempted to take off my shoes and stand on the stones a bit further down, but I thought better of it – didn’t want to slip or cut my feet open or anything! Nick’s toe is very sore (the one he dislocated yesterday). His foot is a bit swollen. He’s pretty sure it’s not broken though, because he’s had a broken toe before and this is nothing like that.

No comments: