Monday, March 27, 2006

Flippers make quick glengths

We had a very good service this evening, specifically for Mothering Sunday. It was a guest service at all three locations, and very well attended at Sandy Bay and Jamestown. Jamestown wasn’t full, but there were more people (women) present than usual. Nick’s message was from 2 Tim 1:5, the influence and heritage of a godly woman. Very encouraging and challenging, on a mother’s role in shaping society through their children.

Today was a very quiet, at home day. I had an enjoyable morning, reading a bit to the boys, cleaning the house and doing a bit of computer stuff, and cutting Aaron’s hair. Hairdressing week is now over!

We went to the pool at about 3.15 and had a good time swimming, the water still being warm enough to enjoy it. The boys remembered that there were two pairs of flippers in the workshop, so they took those along, but they were much too big for them and fell off in the water. One pair was my size though, so I did four quick lengths with them on. I couldn’t believe the boost they gave! Nick and I competed, and he only just beat me, where normally I wouldn’t even be able to finish a length (‘glength’ as Caleb calls it).

No comments: