Saturday, March 25, 2006

The boys on the Ladder

This morning I did my half of Jacob’s Ladder again. I noticed some slight stiffness in my hips (hip muscles, rather) from yesterday’s workout, which is good. I am listening to sermon’s on the IPod (MP3 player), so it’s a really enjoyable time out. Yesterday’s sermon was a load of nonsense by Tony Campolo, about homosexuality and equal rights, but today’s was excellent, by John Piper. I didn’t finish listening to all of it, so will pick it up again on Monday. The boys really wanted to try Jacob’s Ladder too. I suppose they think that if I can do it, they can too…Nick’s example didn’t do much for them, they obviously consider his exercises out of their league! So after getting ready for the day, and a very short bit of schooling, we set off and they climbed as high as they could. I was your typical worrying mom. I had to go up with them, which was a bother, doing it the second time, and Caleb got almost as far as I go, without seeming too tired. He says his legs were shaking though. Maybe they’ll feel it tomorrow. It would have been disastrous if they’d lost their footing coming down, and since the steps are quite big, I was anxious. If Nick takes them up it will be better, and I’m sure Caleb could even get all the way up. Supper was the last of the bullseyes, flaked and cooked into a pasta / cheese sauce dish. It was quite tasty, though a little dry since I didn’t make quite enough sauce. Good flavour though, my own recipe. The sage did it. (I’ll leave you to ponder that ambiguous statement.)

We drove up to the hospital for our 10.30 appt for Caleb. We had to wait about half an hour to see the surgeon, who had another quick look at his navel, then gave us a new date – 6th April. This time I had the presence of mind to ask if Caleb would still have a belly button when she’s finished, and she reassured me that it would look fine!

I started putting together the chocolates and little messages for Sunday’s special “Mothering Sunday” service. I got hold of individually wrapped coconut bars. I also accidentally bought non-individually wrapped ones, so I had to return them to Thorpes and get the right ones. But returning something, oh my goodness. They didn’t know how to do it. At first the cashier said I couldn’t, but then the cashier next to her explained how to, but even then she couldn’t do it. I waited for about 20 minutes for them to work it all out. Won’t be trying that again!

No comments: