Monday, March 06, 2006

Nice hat

A long week has finally ended and now it feels like things can go back to normal. I’m still trying to sort the house out after the HBC and the braai and there is just so much disorganization everywhere that it’s taking a long time. Yesterday I was cleaning out the pantry a bit, and found a dead mouse on the floor, which had been hidden under something. I tried not to freak out too much but it was pretty gross. Caleb discovered me in my distress, and I asked him to please tell Nick so he could take it away, but Caleb came back and said that daddy said he can do it himself. So he did. He carefully picked it up by its tail, and having been dead for so long, the mouse was thoroughly stiff. “It’s crispy” Caleb said in delight.

I’m considering starting a discipleship group for young girls – mainly the girls from the HBC, who seem to be bored anyway and would probably welcome the opportunity of having something to do. If we do it, it would likely be on a Friday afternoon for an hour. I’m praying about it still. I’m just so concerned that they are going to flounder in their faith if there is not enough input, and I don’t think the Good News Club is going to meet their needs, although they did enjoy it yesterday.

Some tourists arrived on Wednesday with the ship, and there is one lady from England who we have seen at the pool a few times. She must be at least 80, with a very posh accent, and she thinks the boys are the most precious things she has seen, wonderful, darling, angels, so adorable, and so good. And you know the boys, they love chatting to all and sundry, so they will have a chat to this lady about anything, which puts her opinion of them up even more. She has 10 grandchildren, I think 8 of them boys. She wears a shower cap when she swims, and the boys think it’s very funny and they ask her about her hat. Caleb says he thinks it’s because she has washed her hair, so she doesn’t want it messed up in the pool. She just laughs. There is a definite “pool community” – you tend to see the same people at the pool at about the same time every day, and you become friendly with them.

No comments: