Monday, March 06, 2006

A quieter day

After all the activity of the past three weeks, today has been almost boring! But not really. It’s been quite a nice day, really. We’ve had some rain today, starting off early this morning, then a bit more at 8 am, then a light drizzle at 9 am, and a bit more drizzle around lunch time. Has been a bit cooler today because of it, but as soon as the rain stops and the sun comes out, it’s boiling again! Anyway, got an early start in the shops, heading to Spar to see if they had any mince yet, but still nothing new in the frozen section. Someone from the St Helena Herald had phoned Nick while I was out, and asked him to do a write-up for the paper about the holiday club, since they have the photos. That was quickly passed on to me, which I duly did, and took it to the newspaper offices after lunch. Sewed new net curtains for our bedroom and the boys’ room, the material for which I’d had for a few months, but was just waiting for a “round tuit”, which I got today. Nick did some visiting today, accomplishing two visits, and taught a guitar lesson to an 8-year-old today for half an hour. Caleb is dead set on learning guitar as well, so he sat in the doorway of the lounge watching everything that happened. Aaron, as usual, just wanted something to eat. I don’t think it’s that he’s always hungry, but he just likes to eat stuff, mostly sweet things.

I’m having lunch with the governor’s wife on Wednesday. It’s a buffet lunch at Ann’s Place, so I can safely conclude that it won’t be just me and her. I received a very formal invitation under the door last week, and since I hadn’t RSVP’d yet, I was phoned today from the governor’s office.

No comments: