Monday, March 13, 2006

Masking tape disaster

It’s Sunday afternoon and Nick and Caleb are out swimming, and I’m sitting in the lounge with the laptop on my lap (fancy that), and Aaron is lying on the couch watching a video. I guess you could call what he has a cold, but his nose has only starting running today.


Today’s been okay, “not ta baaad” as the islanders would say. Nick left at 8, and I only got in the bath after he left. Had a leisurely time getting ready because I thought I could use up more of the morning that way, but the boys starting banging on the door saying I was taken too long. So, we had a short Sunday school lesson and sang a few songs, then made marshmallow cornflake thingies. The boys wanted them blue, but they came out slightly green. They were supposed to set and get cut into squares, but instead I rolled them up into little balls and coated them with icing sugar. They look like little green vegetables, but are very tasty! Then we started playing with Lego, which is when the phone started ringing…it was good to hear Ray’s voice, and then my parents. Then Wilson, the sender of our snack boxes phoned from Ascension, and he always enjoys a chat, so we spoke about the airport, racism, Nick and I getting fat, the weather and the change of seasons worldwide.

I took up the masking tape from the stairs today and the windows, and it’s a disaster. The masking tape pulled away varnish on the stairs, and also some of the paint, so there are bits where the green is visible again. In other places, the paint crept under the tape so there is white paint all over the place. On the windows, because the tape had been there so long and the windows get full afternoon sun, all the stickiness is left, so I’ll have to try use turps to clean the windows. What a mess! Almost wish I had stuck with the green… The walls now look even dirtier with the fresh white paint surrounding it, so that will have to be the next project. Nick is going to have to get involved on this one though as there are tricky bits going up the stairs.

Church tonight was disappointingly empty, but it was a very good message on John 3:16. To conclude, Nick said that Jesus is God’s best, the best that God has to offer. To reject Jesus is to say that God’s best is not good enough. Actually, he mentioned “to spit on it”, and to offer God our highest insult through our rejection of His Son.

No comments: