Thursday, March 23, 2006

I think we should buy putty

After my funny little story about how hilarious it would have been if I’d dropped the pumpkin, tonight’s supper actually did end up on the floor, and it wasn’t quite so funny as I would have thought. Supper was left-over meatball pasta, left over drumsticks from bible study and whatever tin of something I had yet to get from the pantry. Somehow I fumbled the bowl that had been in the microwave, so the pasta landed all over the floor. I had served about four meatballs before I dropped it, so at least we had those. Nick suggested takeouts, which would have been a lovely idea if anything had actually been open! I could have cried. I hadn’t had a very good day up to that point, so this just topped it off. I’ve started studying through Philippians with an Elizabeth George study guide, and today’s was the introductory lesson about Paul and Timothy being servants, and having that servant attitude, and joy in all circumstances, and grace and peace which are ours. Well I’m sure today was a day of testing and I failed in every way!

I cut Caleb’s hair today. After Nick’s shearing yesterday, Caleb wanted a cut too to look like his dad. I left a bit in the front, but it’s quite short. (The pic of Caleb on this e-mail was before the cut). It looks cute but a lot of the blonde is gone and it looks more strawberry, so the sun will have to work on that. I also finished off scraping the residue off the window and rehung the curtain, so now phase 1 of the stair/window project is complete. Phase 2 is painting the walls, and phase 3 is making decent curtains. We may get to phase 2 before you arrive, but definitely not the final phase as you will be bringing supplies for that one! I battled with one pane of glass because it was loose on two sides (not just loose, actually completely free-standing) and I don’t know how sturdy the other putty was. Some of the panes are being supported by nothing less than Prestik.

No comments: