Friday, March 24, 2006

Exercise

Today I tried a new exercise routine. I walked down to the bottom of town, walked up Jacob’s Ladder to almost halfway, where I exited and walked down a side path on Ladder Hill, which brought me out at Victoria’s, then walked up the hill home. I timed the various sections – going up Jacob’s Ladder only took about 6 minutes, and I stopped to rest briefly twice, I think. I set off at 07h20, and it was so nice to be out at that time, even though there were already quite a few people about. If I get very fit, I’ll go all the way up Jacob’s Ladder then come down again halfway, and get off again at the side path. I might also reverse the order, so I have more of a gentle walk uphill and walk down the steps. Hopefully this will burn away my new squishy, chunky look.

This afternoon I took Aaron out to the Half Tree Hollow Spar - I needed an egg for supper. When I got home I realized I didn’t have any flour at all which the recipe needed (sweet potato balls), so had to substitute scone mix for it! I was supposed to dredge the balls in flour and breadcrumbs but couldn’t do that either because we had just thrown all the old bread to the birds, and they ate it very quickly. All that aside, they turned out fairly well, though they weren’t balls, more like crispy grated potato bits.

The incident of the workman’s accident in the schoolroom has been on the news for the past few days. Nick has seen him a few times, and apparently he’s doing better. He might have to go to SA for special attention on one of his wrists, which was shattered. The work on the roof continues though. I think the skylights are going back in, which is a pity because it’s going to cost more, but it has to be done.

Nick has started a new series in bible study now, the Spiritual Gifts. It’s a good one, because he’s really emphasizing the fact that the pastor is not supposed to be doing all the work while everyone else has little involvement. We need some children’s ministries to be started, but Nick should not be the one to bear the burden…there are others that are capable!

No comments: