Saturday, October 09, 2010

Ooooh, stationery!!

I was just about to start moping that the day was feeling somewhat boring when I spotted something in the mailbox. I like to keep an eye on the post just in case something wonderful arrives in the mail...well, you never know. And there was something wonderful! Turns out I was one of 5 winners in the Warehouse scrapbook competition I entered a few months ago - I had no idea, and so the gift vouchers were a complete surprise. Went out straight away to stock up on more scrapping goodies, a corkboard, pendrive, and other needed stationery items. Since this was a lucky draw competition and I don't believe in luck, I am thankful to God for His draw!It had been a grey afternoon weather-wise, so when the skies started clearing and it looked like we might have a good sunset, we packed our camera gear and the boys into the car and drove to Centennial Park. Not a great sunset location though as it ends up being in shadow, but it still was a lovely evening. The boys thought they still had hours left in the day to play and were surprised to learn that they would be going to bed as soon as we got home - it was 8 pm after all!

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

Well that is quite a pile of goodies you got!

The boys are learning to adjust to life farther from the equator. In our summer it can be light still at 9pm.

Hazel Beckett said...

I love the angle of the photo with the daffodil. I do enjoy your photography!