Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Boatman, Frogman

This morning's school drop-off was heaps better than yesterday's...a quick kiss for Aaron and knuckle-bump for Caleb and I was off, happy to leave them in the good hands of their teachers. Back home I did the mom thing and got a few rounds of baking done - coconut ice, chocolate oats cookies, and choc-chip peanut-butter biscuits later in the day. No time to even think about being bored as I had to be back at the school after lunch in the capacity of Extra Adult Presence (EAP) for Aaron's first field trip. His class and the one below his took a walk to the scenic reserve, aka Centennial Park. I teamed up with three girls and we hunted for bugs using nets and plastic jars. Aaron's group caught a Water Boatman insect - pretty amazing! By 2.30 we were back at the school and the kids had another class before the 3 pm bell, so I had half an hour to kill which didn't make going home particularly worthwhile - it's about a 9-minute drive one way. Two other EAPs were hanging around, so we decided to go out for a quick cup of coffee. Yeah, I'm hanging with the school moms! Both boys now tell me that theirs is the best teacher. Caleb I can believe...but goodness, look at Aaron's teacher:

No comments: