Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Only temporary

Yesterday morning I was phoned by one of the agencies I'm registered with to ask if I could take on an afternoon temping assignment. I was free so agreed, but it meant the rest of the day's activities had to squish in before and after! I had a 10 am meeting with a client to discuss digital wedding invitations which needed to be done quite speedily as the wedding is coming up quite soon. Got busy with the design as soon as she had left (it sounds like I'm a professional graphics person, hey...cool). At 12.15 Nick dropped me off at Presbyterian Support for my very first NZ temp assignment. They run three rest homes, one of them being on the grounds that the admin office where I was to work is also housed. VERY flash offices and beautiful grounds - what a lovely working environment! I spent the afternoon processing eftpos and cash payments for frozen meals, answering the telephone, franking and filling envelopes and trying to answer any other queries and things. The staff were absolutely lovely, making my re-entrance to the workforce a pleasure. Sadly a short-lived experience as it was only a once-off fill-in deal, but it was fun and good experience (and exhausting on top of it). Nick and the boys collected me at 5 pm. None of us really wanted anything for tea; our appetites have not returned yet after our recent run-in with The Bug so I was free to get straight back to the Mac. We had toasties in the end and I finished the invites shortly after 8 pm. All in a day's work!Today I was happy just to be at home, catching up on things - finished another layout on the wedding album and did a few other bits and pieces. Nick was working from home today as he's still not up to full steam and it was good to have him around.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Well its a start, right?!