Thursday, July 09, 2009

What a day

I spoke with Nick this morning and he had 6 at his meeting last night again, including himself. That was his last mid-week meeting – the school hall is unavailable this Thursday. So he has his last sermon on Sunday night, and then boards the ship on Monday afternoon, all being well. The ship arrived this morning on schedule, so things seem to be running smoothly. Only 7 days now (8 sleeps). I was fine today…yesterday was just a bad day, but it was out of the ordinary.

We rushed through school this morning so that we could leave early to get to town before everything shut down at 1. I had to go to the bank, pay my medical insurance (which I couldn’t do as THEY shut at 12 on a Wednesday), get a new asthma pump for Caleb (standard repeat prescription, and no charge) and so on. I made up sandwiches for the boys which we were going to eat at Castle Gardens, but I realized that I was going to be too pressed for time so I ate my bread and jam in the car on the way to town, and then left the boys at C/Gardens on their own while I ran the errands. They were very happy to be left alone as they had taken their little painted boats along, which they floated in the fountain pond. Then they caught the tiny fish in their hands, which they normally do. So they had a fun time. There was nothing interesting in the post box today, but that’s okay. It was a beautiful sunny day today, island wide – it rained a bit in the afternoon but even then the sun still wanted to shine, so it shone while the rain rained – most uncommon for Longwood. Supper tonight was with Clare and Rob. Clare made spaghetti bolognaise and garlic bread – very tasty, and so nice not to cook for myself. We had a good time together, arriving at 5.30 and leaving at 7.30. The kids got a bit wild, but they also put on a little puppet show which was quite entertaining.

1 comment:

The Williamsons said...

Oh! Look at that lovely sky! You captured it so nicely :)