Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Round and round

We’ve had two marvellous days, weather-wise…blue skies and sun, although a bit of a chill in the air (it is winter, after all). But any day that doesn’t include rain is generally considered a beautiful day. We were back at school today after our few days’ break, and all was well. We’ve started a new book, having finished the Lipizzaner book, called ‘The 21 balloons’, about the adventures of a hot-air balloonist set in the late 1800s. We just did the intro and first chapter today but I think it’s going to be fun and interesting. Best part of school was the way my coffee and tea appeared before me J I couldn’t wait any longer to start playing with the new beads in my stash, so made three necklaces – only two for sale though! I am keeping this one for myself, made with gemstones, wooden beads and shell chips. Nick and I went walking outside a bit, also wanting to appreciate the weather. Caleb and Aaron were riding Tom and Milly’s bikes around on the tennis court, where Clare and Milly were enjoying the sun; Clare with a skipping rope and Milly with her small tricycle. We stopped to chat with Clare a while and then moved on around the back of Piccolo through the golf course towards the fields, where we found some diseased-looking cows.
Ascension, Part III...Fourth of July celebrations on the American Airforce Base, where participants were allocated golf carts to decorate for mini-floats.
Nick had dinner with a few families who are affiliated with our church and who were regular attendees at the services.

No comments: