Monday, July 27, 2009

Aftermath

This was pretty much me for the most part of the day - Nick and I came home from the wedding yesterday with 1,482 photos (not counting the ones we had already deleted at the time). Some photos are easy-deletes while others require close inspection to see if all eyes are open and looking forward and so on. Thankfully Nick joined me during the afternoon and we could work on it together.
Yesterday morning while selling jewellery (and I brought home a staggering ₤10.50), a lady approached me to ask if I would please cut her hair - after all, I had cut Maddison's hair so I must be able to. I explained that I really am not qualified at all and don't know what I'm doing, but she pressed on and set a date for this morning. How could I refuse? She brought her 17-year-old daughter along who also wanted a cut. I was happy to oblige but concluded that straight hair poses a far greater challenge. While cutting the mom's hair she asked if I used to cut hair in the UK. "No and no", I said, "We don't come from the UK and I've never cut anyone's hair outside the family except Maddy's." "Oh," she said. Then after a pause she added, "So who actually is Maddison?"

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Ok - the hair cutting story is very Saint Helena! I hope it all turned out well because it certainly did provide great laughter for us!