Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Patience rewarded

School was fine, nothing unusual; we have been doing a bit of extra work each day so as to be able to take Thursday and Friday off. Caleb had chicken stew for lunch and Aaron and I had sandwiches, and then I scrapped…I finished a page of Caleb which has a shaker box containing an old watch which I took apart. Then I made a big pot of soup (enough left for Thursday so I don’t have to cook), vacuumed the car, did the ironing and cleaned the kitchen – scrubbed cupboard doors etc. It was very satisfying.

The big news of the day is contained in the photo…I still didn’t figure out exactly how it happened, except that there was a corner of a duvet involved. It came out early this morning after breakfast. Finally!! We didn’t bother waiting for the Tooth Momster to come at night…I just gave him a ₤ straight away.

1 comment:

The Williamsons said...

I remember when I lost my front teeth. I had to eat my corn on the cob with my side teeth, which meant butter and salt got smeared all over my cheek.
But it was worth it.