Saturday, July 18, 2009

Normalizing

Today we had a leisurely holiday day, mostly at home other than going to town for lunch – Sally’s, at Castle Gardens. It was chilly in town and I sat shivering while I ate my salad, but Nick lovingly patted my back and coddled me. He is letting the boys take photos with his camera; they love the privilege.
Below: James' Bay with a polarizing filter - having fun playing!!
During the morning Nick went through e-mails and generally caught up on stuff; I tried to copy his photos from the borrowed laptop onto ours, although only had success during the afternoon. I also started sorting my new bead stash during the afternoon, and we played with polarising filters and things. The boys watched a DVD in the afternoon, and Nick played Mexican Train Dominoes with them. All around it’s been an excellent day. Supper was pizza – back to our regular quantity!
And now, as promised, Ascension photos. I'll post a few each day as there are many! Below, one of the Sunday services (Nick waving his arms as usual while preaching).
Baby turtle, freshly hatched. Nick helped many of them to the sea before the Frigates could get to them - these birds come swooping down and whisk away the helpless (and beautifully soft) infants. Nick got this little fellow to the water's edge where it was plucked out by a Frigate. So sad.

No comments: