Saturday, July 11, 2009

Skittles, round 2

This morning we took Tom with us to Good News Club – the boys had been so looking forward to his coming with us and I’m glad he didn’t change his mind. I did the teaching on Jesus healing a leper, applying it in two ways – have the kids come to Jesus to be cleaned, and are they treating other people with compassion as Jesus had on the leper. I thought it went well. After the club I dragged all three boys around town with me for a bit of shopping, and then we were home by 12. Lunch was cheese-griller hotdogs – very tasty. This afternoon I finished June’s PotD... ...while I had some jacket potatoes going, which were for the social gathering at the Jamestown Community Centre which Clare and Rob had booked for skittles and supper – Clare’s 40th at the Centre had been such a success in May, that they wanted to do it again. We were a merry group, and although I do not enjoy going out to events without Nick, it was still great. The kids had their turn at skittles first, then we had a meal of jacket potatoes with different fillings followed by cake and ice-cream for pudding, and then the adults put their bowling arms to the test. I was rubbish. St Helena skittles is similar to ten-pin bowling except that there are nine pins, a smaller, rubber ball, and the pins must be manually set, which the kids ably did each time.

No comments: