Thursday, July 16, 2009

Nearly...so nearly

So, this is it…the eve of Nick’s return!! I am more tired than I am excited, as we did a marathon clean of the boys’ room today…one of those major sort of cleans that gets done only every few months when the moon is in the right position and all the planets are correctly aligned. The boys did a lot of the work themselves, but in the end they were staring glumly at the huge pile of junk of their floor and didn’t know how to proceed. This is where the big guns come along – I have no problem throwing away broken and incomplete bits and pieces. Then we moved the beds and vacuumed everywhere before finding homes for the various boxes. The rest of the housework was done late afternoon, where I cleaned and vacuumed the living areas, and then we put up the banner we made last week…it’s perfect!

3 comments:

Buckland said...

What an amazing transformation of that bed room. :-)
The banner is lovely. He will be so glad to be home.

Genevieve said...

Hurrah! Great job.

I am sure that by the time I am reading this post...Nick is off the ship and you are all together again!!!

The Williamsons said...

I love that banner!
It's so festive :)