Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ticked off (the to-do list)


As I sit here in Nick’s office typing this, I’m feeling very satisfied with the completion of the work in here! I started the painting yesterday afternoon, but couldn’t paint the sea-facing window panes because the sun was shining directly in, so had to finish early this morning before GNC. After GNC I cleaned the windows, scraping away excess paint etc, and even had to get onto the porch roof to be able to properly clean the outside of that window! Then while we were watching a DVD this afternoon I brasso’d the brass arm-thingies that keep the windows open. They didn’t come up perfectly clean, but there are bits of it that are shiny and look pretty good, especially now at night. Once all the cleaning and vacuuming was done, I hung the blinds.
I took scissors to my hair this morning, being rather tired of the way I have to make such an effort to blow-dry it in order for it to hang properly, and cut off the lower two inches all around. I now have a short bob again, and I really like it. Nick’s comments have not been positive – in fact, the only thing he’s said is “why did you cut your hair?” Oh well.

No comments: