Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Soup on the fly


I made a big pot of vegetable soup today, although added bacon because I felt sorry for my non-vegetarian family. It was delicious, but the boys really sighed their way through it. I found celery and pumpkin in The Star this week, which were a real winner with me. Nick asked if I could please moosh the pumpkin next time. He managed to do it on the fly, as the big chunks were more than he could brave! Aaron liked the pumpkin but not the celery or onions, and Caleb didn’t like any part of it except the bread that went with it. He even battled with the potatoes. He almost cried his way through it, but in the end the both managed to clean their bowls so were rewarded with milkshakes for pudding. They spent some time playing in the dirt outside during the afternoon, getting so dirty, but loving it – I wonder if moms of girls have such dirty children, or if its just a boy thing?

No comments: