Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Waaaaaa, waaaaaaa

Absolutely not a single photo to be had for the day...I went to work, leaving Nick in charge as the chauffeur with a set of instructions and appointments. He had to get both boys to the dentist and then both had music lessons. I don't think he's much enjoying doing the mom thing! Caleb had to have a tooth pulled but you never would have known by looking at his cheerful face, and Aaron was the recipient of a filling and several injections. They both still had floppy anaesthetised faces when I saw them after work which was the cause of much giggling.
I was gripped by stomach pains around lunch time - the rest of the afternoon I was hunched over and shivering at the reception desk trying to sound friendly and engaging but really wishing I was home! We suspected appendicitis but by the time I got to phone the after-hours line the pain was easing. The very kind nurse on duty took a long time talking through all the symptoms and possibilities and suggested that I had had a form of gastro which presents itself as colic, with nausea and fever. I do have great sympathy for babies if that was colic!!
I asked Nick to buy bread on his way home from bible study but when he got home he had none...there was no bread to be had at the garage, and apparently Pak'n'Save was also running low or running out - a lot of food has been taken to Christchurch and/or distributed to refugees in temporary shelters here in Timaru. I suspect there will be a run on milk and other staples too. Anyway, Nick went off to Simon's bakery and put in a few hours there to help out with the influx of orders - it's a practical way to help in the crisis!

No comments: