Friday, June 05, 2009

It was a dark and stormless night...

This morning when I had a few minutes to help Caleb with his ship, I found that he was left with an assortment of mismatched and incorrect pieces – resulting in a lot of frustration for him, and an executive decision on my part to break the whole thing down and start from scratch. Caleb agreed to do this but was still devastated that all his hard work from yesterday came to naught. I offered to build it again while they did their written work, a plan which was well accepted – and so it was that while they did handwriting, maths and every other form of worksheet which I could give them to do on their own, I played (I mean, built) lego. By lunchtime there were only the sails left to do; Caleb made a peanut butter sandwich for me while I continued. I thought role reversals where kids feed their parents was only supposed to happen when the kids are grown up! I waited until it was dark out before photographing the completed ship, painting the lit areas with a little flashlight. In the afternoon I scrapped, finally finishing April’s PotD pages.

1 comment:

Buckland said...

Cool night photo of the ship, but please also show us the "finished work of art" in daylight.