Friday, June 19, 2009

Hooked

I took the boys to Beavers this evening, as of course I have the car at my disposal now…normally Clare takes them all, so I’m glad to be able to help for a while. I took advantage of the ‘golden hour’ by walking down a dirt path between town and the Munden’s mountain from the Scout Hall in Napoleon Street right down to the seaside, and back. When I got back to the boys they were being instructed on how to tie line to a fishing hook and add a sinker. They were brimming over about the whole thing, and next week they are going to put their skills to use with some real fishing from the wharf. I’ll bet they dream about it tonight.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

And if they catch fish? Have you cleaned a fish by yourself? I would be at a bit of a lose. PLEASE if you do allow the boys to take photos of you doing it!
It looks like they were quite intent on learning fishing skills. Excellent!
I especially like your sunset shot out over the water.