Sunday, June 21, 2009

A, B, no C

Good News Club this morning – not quite the same without Nick, but we managed. Aaron tripped on the tarmac playground, giving himself a badly grazed elbow and waist, poor chap. As soon as we got home I made lunch, then we watched a DVD – quite a well-done Japanese movie (not animated), which we initially watched in its original language with English subtitles, until I figured out that we could watch it in dubbed English. Sappho and Tom came to watch as well, so we had a full couch. They all made a quick exodus when it was finished to play in the lovely sunshine. It’s been a really terrific day, weather wise. I’ve felt a bit lonely this afternoon, but I think I usually feel lonely on Saturday afternoons anyway, so this is really no different. I finished the first page of my UK album.

There was a big car parade this morning, in support of Option A for the airport. The parade made its way down from White Gate to town, appropriately led by a JCB. It was a grand sight to see the string of cars driving slowly down Ladder Hill Road, hooters honking and lights on. Meanwhile, more and more handpainted red “B”s are popping up in shop windows – these are supporters of a replacement ship. I still don’t know of anyone rooting for DFID’s ridiculous Option C, which they themselves favour, which is to defer any decision for another 5 years.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Love the shot of the kids laughting! I believe that is Renee, that left on the ship for medical with us, on the left.