Friday, May 01, 2009

Thursday's things

We’ve nearly finished with our school holiday. I must say that it’s really been a good one. I’ve had a break from the boys as they’ve been outdoors almost all day, every day, so I haven’t heard much bickering or needed to sort out brotherly squabbles. I’ve also been able to chill out, read camera magazines, do some casual beading when I’ve felt like it, a bit of scrapping – it’s been relaxing. I think I’ll be ready for the next term, which is 7 weeks. Of course Nick will be going to Ascension halfway through the term, so that will be tough – but we’ll get through. Today I met up with Elza, Maureen and Pam at the coffee shop. Elza and I had to move to an adjacent table to get the shade, but Maureen and Pam seemed to find plenty to chat about, and Elza and I caught up on scrapping and photography. A naval ship is in the harbour, and some white-uniformed crew came into the coffee shop while we were there. Our cameras were on the ready..three out of the four of us were aiming lenses at the flattered party, who even gave us a posed salute! After an hour at the shop, we dispersed. I went to Elza’s house briefly to see her latest scrapping and to look at a few other things, and then popped on at the hospital to see new Arabelle – Jocelyn had her c-section this morning. I had assured her that the pain after a c-section was minimal and well controlled with pain medication, but when I arrived she was nearly in tears with pain. The baby is lovely though – looking very new born! The room was quite dark and I didn’t want to use the flash, so didn’t get a photo.

No comments: