Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy

My mothers’ day started off with lots of whispering, increasing to whining and shouting, as Aaron tried to rouse Caleb so they could make cards for me. A little last minute, yes, but understandable with a wedding the day before. Nick made tea for me and wrote a letter, and the boys came in with their cards, and I was given a pair of fluffy white slippers. After the cards the boys scuttled off to prepare breakfast…oh, it’s wonderful that as they get older, their mothers’ day efforts are more personal and sweeter…they came in carrying a tray between them laden with honey puffs floating in lots of milk, an apple and accompanying knife, and a milo bar. Then they sat with me while I ate. That was a very special start to the day! The rest of the day was very chilled, and after Nick got back from church we spent the afternoon at home, except for a short trip to the playground where Nick particularly wanted to try some tracking shots with a slow shutter. It’s a work in progress, but this is one of the best shots of the afternoon’s hundred or so.

No comments: