Saturday, May 02, 2009

Door duty

While it was a quiet day for the boys and me, Nick was in and out and quite busy. He joined up with some other men at the Sandy Bay chapel to fit a brand new door, to replace the ancient and weathered one which was looking well past its day. They got the door on, but it will need to be sealed in with cement. I worked on a necklace to replace one which I sold on Tuesday – it was one which I had made for myself but I was wearing it on the day just in case someone wanted to buy it, and someone did – for $35! Nick came home around lunch time, and then was off again in the afternoon for his prison service and a band practice. He was home for supper (a delicious pizza, complete with pineapple AND tomato!) and then dashed off. The boys were playing outside mostly with Sappho. It drizzled during the afternoon but I had brought in the washing by then which had miraculously dried.

No comments: