Saturday, May 30, 2009

False alarm

Nick and I went on our prayer walk this morning in beautiful sunshine. I had a load of washing on the go which Aaron and I hung up when we got home. Then I bathed…by the time I was out the bath it was raining, and although it was hot and steamy in town, it remained rainy in Longwood…consequently the washing is still dripping on the line. Nick had a work party at Knollcombes with four other men, to finish laying the path down the muddy incline to the chapel and ‘strim’ all the walkways. The boys and I went to Good News Club, after which we came home for an hour or so before collecting Nick from Knollcombes again, then heading over to Francis Plain where Geoff was playing cricket and Pam was taking photos (over 400, I’m told). It was dreary and drizzly at the Plain – ideal neither for cricket nor photography! We only stuck around long enough to eat our packed lunch before coming home again. By that time I felt another kidney infection coming on, but declined going to the hospital in case it got better on its own…it didn’t. We had a dinner engagement in the evening, as a celebration for a 50th wedding anniversary, as well as the couple’s daughter’s 40th birthday. The evening was lovely. Above: a cross-section of the gathering; below: Daphne and Amanda cut the anniversary and birthday cakes.Above: Mervyn helping himself to pudding...below: poor Aaron, so tired... We decided to get me checked out at the hospital after the party; at 10.30 pm there are no doctors at the hospital and the nurse on duty didn’t look too impressed. As it turned out though I didn’t have a kidney infection after all, merely back discomfort, so the nurse gave me a Voltarin injection. That sorted me out really well! Got home at 11 pm…the boys were exhausted and it was well past Nick’s usual pre-church bedtime, but we all slept well.

No comments: