Friday, February 20, 2009

Holidays start

Last day of school…and just in time too. We could all use the break from spelling and maths! Nick had prison ministry in the afternoon which he said was fantastic, as he had complete liberty to share with three of the prisoners who attended the service. He is also teaching guitar to one of the men. Just time for a quick snooze…
…before heading back to town late afternoon for a swim in the ocean – James’ Bay is a popular swimming spot and there were a number of people cooling down after a day in the office. I made snackwiches to go so that we didn’t need to worry about rushing home for supper. In the evening we had Paul’s birthday party – I think this is the last birthday for February. (Photos below by Nick)

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

That first photo says it all..."the weary feet of a pastor". I must say I am just as impressed that the bottom of his white socks are that clean! (Don't take a photo of the bottom of my husband's socks.)
I notice that Nick is getting credited for photos now. The word from Ed Thorpe is that the two of you are becoming quite competitive with the camera! News travels fast - even across the big blue Atlantic!