Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Another day threaded onto the string of life

Well, it’s really just been another one of those days where nothing particular happens. School was a bit of a jumble, but a nice one. Since Caleb is poorly, I decided to start with the nice stuff, so we did Ginger Pye first which they are enjoying. It’s a bit of a mystery novel again. Then we alternated with written work and read-alouds – history, writing, science, maths, and so it went on. In the end we got everything done although I let Caleb skip a few bits and pieces. There are certain parts that must get done every day though, like maths and spelling, as those seem to want to fill up 180 days which is our whole school year – any days skipped will mean catching up some other time. During the afternoon I settled into beading, producing 7 necklaces and 22 pairs of earrings, in reds, whites, silvers and blacks – all in preparation for a stall on Saturday, with a Valentine’s special - a “₤1 off the marked price” on necklaces and bracelets, which I hope will bring in a lot of sales.

It was a fabulous evening here in Longwood…almost clear skies, and beautiful outside at 6.45, when I was out taking photos at Nick’s urging. This is my photo of the day for today…it’s me on the golf-course!

No comments: