Monday, December 30, 2013

Materially speaking

One of the items on a very short shopping list for my parents to bring from SA was 'fabric'. In Timaru our sewing shop stocks an array of ridiculously expensive materials, so I generally buy oddments from the Red Cross shop, or duvet covers and curtains which make lovely dresses a-la Maria von Trapp.  It's been a treat to work with brand-new, uncut fabrics which are large enough to comfortably accommodate all the necessary pattern pieces!  My mom and sister-in-law together chose some fabrics, and they made good choices - particularly loved this piece of cotton which is now a cute blouse with three sets of ruffles down each front.  It's also very gratifying having my parents ooh and aah over the process and finished work - here my mom is describing it to Nick as a 'work of art' :)

No comments: