Sunday, August 21, 2011

Red Mountain Music

Nick and I have been playing a lot of music together lately - he's thrilled to finally have a melody instrument to accompany him on the guitar, even though it's not a terribly wonderful sounding melody instrument (yet). My progress on the violin is slow but I have to remind myself that I've only been having lessons for two and a half months! Nick has come across an excellent resource: Red Mountain Music is a group of reformed Christians who are wanting to re-introduce the theology of the great old hymns but with modern tunes. For $16 (plus $10 postage if you're in NZ), you get to download 26 mp3 songs, a pdf download of every song in their catalogue, as well as the physical CD in the post. We're pretty excited about learning these fantastic hymns! If you go to their website, have a look around at their various resources and samples, as well as the Gadsby Project.

No comments: