Thursday, August 13, 2009

Two biscuits short of a smore

The day of the BBQ finally arrived…I spent a large part of the day in preparation for it. Nick started proceedings at 4 pm, we ate just after 5…and there was lots of food…boerewors, chicken wings, potato salad, baked beans, pineapple, garlic bread, and for me, a little bit of tomato and cucumber salad. That was very filling…THEN we still roasted chocolate-flavoured marshmallows, and when we’d had enough of those we had the official pudding. By that time the boys’ stomachs were bulging in a manner suggestive of kwashiorkor, but I knew better…
Earlier this morning I drove out to the rubbish dump to take pictures. I am a participant in a digital photo weekly challenge where they set the topic and we photograph accordingly. One of this week’s challenges is ‘household appliances’. Didn’t really find what I was looking for there, but it was still an interesting excursion which we will repeat with our informal camera club in due course. Since I hadn’t found quite the right thing there, Nick and I went back to the Longwood fields during the afternoon and Nick stood the old cooker up on its side – it posed very beautifully for us, standing still at all the right times and shining in the sun.

Below: Nick went for a walk around sunset time through Georgetown. Here we have a fishbone lying on the beach and the silhouette of a cannon.

No comments: