Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Glad to be alive after all!

First day of holidays…the boys really enjoyed it, especially after I bought each of them a much-needed pair of shiny new wellies. They ran around outside for most of the day, barring the first few hours where they were restricted from outdoor play due to lack of footwear. I’m happy to report that the sun shone for a while today and the rain let up; Nick and I managed to get out for a short walk in the late afternoon (oops, we forgot that he had a guitar lesson so were just on our way out, jackets on and cameras ready, when she arrived…well timed). We tried again after she had left! It was wonderful to be outside, especially with my beloved. I am thankful to my Father for so many blessings today – love, friendship, health, sun, food…so often I overlook these things when I’m overwhelmed with the blahs…bad weather, nothing to do – but God is there in the midst of it and my woes are extremely trivial.

Above: "Canaries on Sticks". Below: hmmm, a cooker lying in the bush.

No comments: