Friday, August 28, 2009

Turns my stomach

Nick had a breather between sermon prep and going out for bible study, so he joined Maddy and Geoff for a swim at Ruperts (swimming in winter?). The water was cold enough for 20 minutes to be sufficient! I had some things to do in town so Nick got a lift with Geoff, and the boys and I fetched him a little later. When we arrived Nick came over, camera in hand, with a big grin – “look what we saw”, he said, obviously very proud of whatever it was he had captured. He thought the photos were fabulous; real life stuff. I thought they were disgusting. The objectionable images were of fish stomachs being turned inside out to empty them before they get cooked up as a tasty meal. I hauled out the overlocker again this morning to make a blouse. Nick had a shirt which I had apparently incorrectly shortened – i was unwearable as far as he was concerned, so I asked if I could use the material. It had been sitting around for ages, and today seemed like a good day for tackling it. I’ve also cut out a skirt from material I bought on sale (turns out I had an identical unused piece of it in the manse, which gave me enough to use a great pattern).

No comments: