Thursday, August 20, 2009

My winter boys

Yesterday the boys were under a sort of house arrest because of their colds, but today they were allowed out again – not before we told them to dress warmly. I didn’t expect Aaron to prepare for the polar regions with a beanie over his already padded jacket hood, but he certainly took the message to heart. The boys and I spent the morning at the manse – I needed to pick up a modem cable (our laptop’s power adapter gave in yesterday morning so we were computerless for 24 hours – scary stuff – we are now borrowing a spare from Pam), and whilst there I made a start on clearing out the manse. After much discussion and debate, it doesn’t seem likely that we will move back in after all – the repairs are nearly complete, but there is a lot of the church’s furniture being stored there. It would make better practical sense to stay where we are and rather get it ready for our successors. So, now I must get my head around moving our last belongings out…one would think that if I haven’t needed a thing in a year that I can toss it altogether, but there things like books being stored there that we don’t have space for here. I was ruthless though and am pleased to say that in my ‘craft room’ alone, I filled up two black bags of stuff to throw away. Other things I have brought back here to Piccolo, and I have left some mystery items that may be of interest to the house’s next occupants!

1 comment:

The Williamsons said...

Oh to be cold!
This whole week it's been sticky and hot and horrible. I could do with a little chill.