Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Parcels and pumpkins

Mail-call for us…a few surprises in the post today: Scrapbook Inspirations magazine sent me a prize for getting my letter published; Genevieve sent a papercraft magazine and gorgeous shell pendants for me, and postcards for the boys from the Baltimore Museum of Art which they recently visited. Genevieve said that since we couldn’t go to it, she would bring some of it to us as a field trip. She wrote comments about the various pieces of art on the back of the postcards. It was really wonderful. I had my follow-up visit to the doctor today. I had no sooner sat down and opened up the new magazine than the doctor was ready to see me – and I had arrived about 10 minutes early! It’s very gratifying when hospitals run early although I wouldn’t have minded a wait. He had received the labwork from last week just this morning, and confirmed that the antibiotic he gave me had been the correct one, but has prescribed it again just for another three days, to be sure that all the bacteria have been eradicated. On the way home we stopped in at one of our dear church ladies who returned yesterday after a few months on Ascension.
After a supper of fish fingers, mashed potatoes and broccoli in cheese sauce (yummy), we did a bit of gardening. The pumpkin patch had all but swallowed up the concrete path to our house, so we were having to walk either on the grass or on the plants to get to the house. I didn’t find this very satisfactory. Caleb found the first little pumpkin growing which he cut off the vine – it was hanging over the path, after all. I probably would have done the same thing. Nick found a few others though which made up for the loss. As far as I’m concerned it’s no big loss – we’re going to have far more than we can handle! Nice to see them starting to bear though.

No comments: