Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Homeschool meltdown

Today I reached an all-time low in school. I am very seriously thinking about quitting and sending the boys to the public school! It wasn’t one particular event that sparked it – really a culmination of the last few weeks of school. The boys are really not enjoying school – not all of it, mind you, just some parts, which makes it difficult for me to enjoy it. I didn’t even finish today’s work. I sent the boys to their room to go and think about their schooling and education, and why it is important that they attend school. After they had thought about it, we discussed the option of going to Harford down the road. Ultimately they have concluded that the day is too long so they would rather be homeschooled. In the afternoon, to get out of the house, I went to town alone. I just needed a few things, but mostly I needed to clear my head. The drive was good – time to think and pray.

Tuesday night bible study continues...Nick is now in 2 Peter. After the study we have a time of tea and fellowship.

No comments: