Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Getting straight A's

School this morning…well, I heaved a sigh of relief when it was over. Despite telling myself all of last week that I must lower expectations and let the boys have a small measure of freedom to mess around, I still got annoyed when they started playing with cushions right before we were about to start and I had to wait. So they were duly disciplined. I’m still trying to work out the balance between their respecting me as the teacher, and having school at home where they may be permitted some liberties. Caleb starting learning cursive this morning. It was a big deal for him – he’s been looking forward to starting for ages, and has already been practising some of the letters. This is now the official start though, and he didn’t even complain that he had to fill in an entire page in his book with a’s.
We barbequed for supper – yum!! I had bought chicken legs earlier and when Nick saw them defrosting he suggested BBQing them. Nick had bible study this evening at Deadwood, and he said it was very good – he had about nine people, which felt full.

No comments: