Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Honey!

This morning Aaron told us that his new tooth is loose. New, meaning adult. Not good. I rushed him off to the dentist for an emergency appointment – we arrived at 8.45 and left at 11. The waiting room was full of emergency patients, and since Aaron had to be seen twice (once for a full-head x-ray, and again for the dentist to tell me that the corresponding permanent tooth is trying to come up underneath the first one and that we will need to keep an eye on it), it necessitated a lot of waiting. We amused ourselves by reading, playing noughts and crosses, doing a puzzle and playing a hand-slapping game. The time passed easily enough. Had a bit of shopping to do – I’ve had my eye on a bottle of local honey at Thorpes, but at ₤4.40 for a jar I thought long and hard about it. It’s been so long since we’ve had honey though, and it’s rarely available in the shops, so I convinced myself that it would be a good purchase, which it was. It makes PotD mostly to emphasize its scarcity!

No comments: