Thursday, March 29, 2007

Time for a new hobby!

Yesterday when I went to the library, I found a book explaining how to crochet, with very simple-looking step-by-step instructions for all the different stitches. I’ve been wanting to learn to crochet for ages, because there are some really pretty patterns in magazines sometimes, and I think it will be a useful skill to have! I set out on a crochet-hook hunt this afternoon, having found my hook which turned out to be the tiniest one imaginable…1 mm! I was very happy to find a wide variety of sizes at Victoria’s, so bought 5 hooks in different sizes. While I crocheted, I let the boys make beaded bangles on elastic, as part of their Egyptian gear. Caleb threaded three and Aaron one, and I crimped the ends together. We’ll just have to restrict the wearing of their new jewellery to actual dressing up stuff!

No comments: