Sunday, March 04, 2007

Domestic Therapy

Did you know that there is such a thing as ‘Domestic Therapy’? You’ve probably heard of Retail Therapy, where you go out shopping when you’re feeling down and it picks you up. Well Domestic Therapy is a new one we’ve coined, where you get stuck into some serious housework task to cheer you up. I’ve just been feeling so narfy again the last few days, and not lus to do anything in particular. I’ve been wandering around the house, fiddling here and fiddling there, but not actually doing anything constructive. So this evening after washing up, I attacked the grimy stove-top with a scourer, and even though I didn’t get it completely spotless, doing such an intensive domestic chore made me feel better. Nick is just wondering if my conscience is bothering me! Perhaps that’s it then…neglecting one’s household duties leads to a restless spirit…

Not much to report on from the day’s activities. Good News Club was fine – I did the talk, on “Goodness” today. I’m continuing with the fruits of the Spirit. It was basically a gospel presentation, about how many people think that their goodness will get them into heaven, and then shattering that illusion. The gospel will be preached many times over while we’re here! I was saying to Nick earlier that I don’t think I’ve shared the gospel as many times or in as many ways as I have since I’ve been here. So many opportunities pop up with various people, it’s great.

No comments: