Thursday, March 15, 2007

School again?

This morning Caleb said he didn’t want to do school, and he doesn’t like school. That sent my heart plummeting, since I wasn’t particularly in the mood either! Fortunately Nick came in just then, so he had a nice chat with Caleb. Shame, he didn’t seem to happy though. Aaron works hard and continues to amaze me with how well he’s doing with the literacy program. Sometimes I battle to distinguish between Aaron and Caleb’s work. While we were busy with school, just as we were about to break for tenzees, Elza’s familiar voice came floating through the diningroom curtain. I think she’s given up on the front door, and knew we were in the diningroom, so she just came right up the path and addressed me there. She had found some ribbon and beads to give me, and a kids craft magazine. I invited her to stay for a cup of tea as it was so well timed, so we had a good chat. While she was visiting, Nick offered to take her camera up the mountain to take pictures of the bell tower, as the bell will soon be coming down. By this time we were ready to start school again, so Elza just stayed for a bit of the second session, and I’m sure she learned something about fruit and flowers of trees! The fruit of an evergreen tree is always called a cone.

No comments: